Can low temperatures cause a faucet to crack? No!
Faucet cracking in use below 0°C is usually due to the following conditions.
1. The remaining water in the faucet was not used up after testing the water at the beginning of the project.
2. The faucet was installed outdoors, the inlet valve was not closed and there were no anti-freeze measures.
3. The room was ventilated after the renovation, the windows were not closed at night, and the water in the tap was drained without closing the inlet valve.
4. Going out on holiday or not living for a long time, the indoor temperature is low, the water inlet valve is not closed, the remaining water will be drained.
How to prevent the faucet from cracking?
To prevent faucets from cracking at low temperatures, the following measures can generally be taken.
When used normally
- Try to ensure that the indoor temperature is above 0℃.
- Outdoor water taps can be thickened with cotton linen, old cotton clothes, cotton wool and other insulation materials.
- Indoor temperature below 0 ℃ room, to close the indoor water meter valve, drain the remaining water in the water pipe.
- At night, remember to close the windows of the kitchen, bathroom and all cool rooms to ensure that the indoor temperature is above 0 ℃.
During renovation or construction
1. If the installation temperature of the taps at the project site is below 0°C, it is recommended that the taps be temporarily installed or that the water in the pipes be completely drained after no water supply or water testing is carried out.
If the renovation process is currently underway, the builder must be assisted to remove the tap from the wall due to the installation of check valves for hot and cold water. If the home has a thermostatic faucet installed, in addition to draining the remaining water from the pipes, the thermostatic faucet must be drained separately to prevent the cold water from expanding and freezing.
Low winter temperatures. To avoid inconvenience to you and your family, you should pay more attention to the quality and performance of the product when you buy your sanitaryware. Have a healthy, high quality, high tech faucet. Industry.com is a good choice for you.