Some Useful Tips and Precautions for Choosing A Faucet
When it comes to choose a tap, there are many factors worth consideration. This post lists some useful tips and precautions for choosing a good tap.
Some factors when choosing a tap:
- Look at the material, generally according to the quality level to set: titanium products, copper chrome products, stainless steel chrome products, aluminum alloy chrome products, iron chrome products, etc..
- Durable, durable faucet, surface treatment process is very important, a good faucet withstand acid high temperature test, more than 4 hours intact, in addition, due to the reasonable internal structure, a good faucet is not easy to drip and damage, with hundreds of thousands of it after the second switch can still be manipulated.
- Humanization, with the kitchen faucet production technology continues to improve, product design is more and more humane. For those who have more space in the kitchen, used to direct water cleaning, like to use the spray, enjoy the fun of innovation and many other needs, the market also appeared on the 360-degree rotation, can pull type spray, direct flush / spray nozzle conversion, shape more flexible adaptation of the product.
- Easy to clean, the kitchen is heavily greasy and humid, working with grease, dirt, and open the faucet by hand, dirtying the faucet, so it is best to choose a non-greasy, easy to scrub products. This has a lot to do with the shape and plating of the faucet. Generally, faucets with more complex shapes and varied lines are easier to keep clean and deadly. The surface of the faucet is thinner and the hardness of the faucet is low, so it is easy to blacken and clean. I personally think we still use the shape of a simple, hard coating products, which can save a lot of things.
- With the dealer to confirm the installation of the brand faucet is imported ceramic core. After the appearance of phase, pay attention to the surface finish, touch burr, see if there are blisters, cracks, oxidation spots, etc.; then gently up and down, left and right to move the faucet handle, if not flexible, you can buy without re-touch.
Some tips on how to choose a tap
1. Look at the brand, recognize the brand with after-sales service
Consumers in the purchase of faucets, should go to the regular fashion, looking for well-known brands, so as to get a more complete after-sales service. Irregular products often do not have any logo, or just some paper labels, should also be in the regular faucet box. Brand logo, quality assurance and after-sales service. Remind us to buy is to be careful, can not listen to the words of others.
2. Observe the appearance, the surface coating of the faucet should be bright as a mirror
After the faucet is ground and polished to shape, it is coated with a layer of nickel or chrome to prevent oxidation. The nickel or chrome has the ability to resist neutral hydrochloric acid and protects the faucet from corrosion for a long time. When purchasing, it is best to keep the faucet in a well-lit area. The surface of the faucet is free of oxidation spots, air pockets, plating leaks and bubbles, and burn marks. Even if there are no burrs and grit and the color is even, it is a good product. When you press the faucet with your finger, the fingerprints spread quickly and without traces, making it difficult for dirt to stick.
3. Quality inspection, quality is more guaranteed
The body of the faucet is usually brass. The quality of the brass material is guaranteed. The higher the purity of the brass, the better the quality of the plating and the harder the surface plating. In order to reduce costs, some manufacturers use zinc alloy instead of brass. Although the state allows the use of zinc alloy material instead of brass, zinc alloy plating quality is poor and corrosion resistance is not strong. Generally, consumers can use the estimated weight method when purchasing. Brass is heavier and harder, while zinc alloy is lighter and softer.
4. Rotate the handle to feel the spool lighter
Faucet valve cores generally have steel ball valve cores and ceramic valve cores. Steel ball spool pressure resistance, but the rubber sealing ring for the seal is easy to wear, aging fast. The ceramic spool is more resistant to high temperature, wear and tear, and has good sealing performance, so the number of opening resistance will be more. There will be no dripping faucet phenomenon due to the wear and tear of the spool. Faucets with ceramic valve cores are more comfortable and smooth, and open and close faster. When buying, you can easily determine the quality of the spool based on how it feels when you turn the handle. Generally, consumers will feel different up and down, left and right when they turn the handle. If it feels light and there is no clogging sensation, it means that the valve spool is better.
5. Test the water flow, subject to bubbling
When buying a faucet, open it to check the water, choose a faucet with a bubbler and touch the water with your finger. Soft water flow and abundant bubble content indicates a good quality bubbler. A bubbler is generally made up of six layers, usually consisting of a metal mesh cover. The water stream passes through the mesh and is divided into many small jets with air trapped in them so the water doesn’t get splashed.