When you put the faucet on, after a while, you will notice that water stains can easily appear on the surface of the faucet. When the water stains dry, they form very unsightly spots. If you don’t clean it for some time, even if the faucet is classy, it will become embarrassing. Loss of color, so we must always clean and maintain the faucet.
First, simple cleaning tips for faucets
Cleaning a faucet is not complicated, just keep it, and it will last for a long time.
- If you have a copper faucet and need to clean the plated surface, you can clean it with boiling water or detergent, or you can just use some degreasing detergent.
- Scale and rust on the faucet, just wipe the surface with a damp cloth or sponge and a little special cleaner, then wipe with a clean cloth or rinse with water.
- Use a soft toothbrush to wipe the toothpaste, or use a wipe pad to gently wipe the toothpaste. It will remove limescale and grease and leave the faucet surface clean and bright.
- Many people only pay attention to the surface of the faucet when cleaning it, but the inside of the faucet is more important.5. If the faucet has a reduced or forked discharge, it may be due to a clogged bubbler. The bubbler can be removed, soaked in vinegar, with a small brush or other tools to clean, and then reinstalled.
Second, faucet cleaning notes
Although the chrome plating of the faucet is claimed to be corrosion-resistant and rust-free, improper cleaning methods can still cause abnormal wear and tear on the faucet.
- Do not use steel balls or other hard objects to clean the surface of the faucet. Because steel balls are hard, they can easily scratch the surface of the faucet.
- It is best to clean with a neutral detergent. Acid and alkali detergents are not suitable for faucet cleaning.
- After the faucet is cleaned, use a lint-free dry towel to dry the surface of the residual water, so as to avoid residual water stains.
Third, the use of faucet maintenance techniques
- Do not use too much force to open and close the faucet. Even with a traditional faucet, you don’t need to use a lot of force to twist it. In particular, do not support or use the handle as a handrail.
- The shower head metal hose of the bathtub faucet should be kept in its natural stretched state. Do not roll it over the faucet when it is not in use. Also, take care not to create a dead spot where the hose connects to the valve body when it is in use or not in use, so as not to break or damage the hose.
- In the case that water pressure is not less than 0.02mpa (i.e. 0.2kgf/cm2), after using for a period of time, if you find that the water volume decreases, or even turn off the water heater, you can gently at the outlet of the faucet. Gently unscrew the filter cover to remove impurities, and can generally restore the original state.
- Ask experienced and qualified professionals to perform construction and installation. During installation, the faucet should try not to collide with hard objects. Do not leave cement, glue, etc. on the surface to avoid damaging the surface coating. Be sure to remove any debris from the pipes before installing the faucet.