I. Simple cleaning tips for faucets
Cleaning a faucet is not complicated, just keep it, and it will last for a long time.
1. For copper faucets, if you need to clean the plated surface, you can use boiling water or detergent to clean it, or you can just use some degreasing detergent to clean it.
2. To remove scale and rust from the faucet, simply wipe the surface with a damp cloth or sponge and a little special cleaner, then wipe it with a clean cloth or rinse it with water.
3. Wipe the toothpaste with a soft toothbrush or use a wiping pad to gently wipe it off. It will remove limescale and grease and leave the faucet surface clean and bright.
4. Many people only pay attention to the surface of the faucet when cleaning the faucet, but the inside of the faucet is more important. If the faucet has a reduced or forked water output, it may be due to a clogged bubbler. You can remove the bubbler, soak it in vinegar, clean it with a small brush or other tool, and reinstall it.
II. Notes on faucet cleaning
Although the chrome plating of the faucet is claimed to be corrosion-resistant and rust-free, improper cleaning methods can still cause abnormal wear and tear on the faucet.
1. Do not wipe the surface of the faucet with a hard object such as a steel ball. Because steel balls are hard, they can easily scratch the surface of the faucet.
2. It is best to clean it with a neutral detergent. Acid and alkali detergents are not suitable for faucet cleaning.
3. After faucet cleaning, use a lint-free dry towel to dry the surface of the residual water, to avoid residual water stains.
III. Tips for using and maintaining a faucet
1. Don’t use too much force to switch the faucet on and off. Even with a traditional faucet, you don’t need to use a lot of force to twist it. In particular, do not support or use the handle as a handrail.
2. The shower head metal hose of the bathtub faucet should be kept in its natural stretched state. Do not roll it over the faucet when it is not in use. Also, take care not to create a dead spot where the hose connects to the valve body when it is in use or not in use, so as not to break or damage the hose.
3. In the case of water pressure is not less than 0.02mpa (that is, 0.2kgf/cm2), after a period of use, if you find that the water volume is reduced, or even turn off the water heater, you can gently at the outlet of the faucet. Gently unscrew the filter cover to remove impurities, and can generally restore the original state.
4. Ask an experienced and qualified professional to perform the construction and installation. During installation, the faucet should try not to collide with hard objects. Do not leave cement, glue, etc. on the surface to avoid damaging the surface coating. Be sure to remove any debris from the pipes before installing the faucet.