First of all, the appearance of the faucet differs little and the surface is well closed. It is difficult for consumers to see the internal structure of the faucet and the quality of the valve core, and it is not easy to open it for inspection. So, how can you buy a good quality faucet without opening it?
- Look at the appearance. The chrome plating of a good faucet is very elaborate and usually takes several steps to complete. The quality of the faucet depends on its brightness. The smoother and brighter the surface, the better the quality.
- Turning the handle. When the faucet turns the handle, there is not much clearance between the faucet and the switch, so it is easy to open and close without slipping. But the inferior faucet not only has a big gap, but also a big blocking feeling.
- Listen to the sound. The material of the faucet is the most difficult to distinguish. A good faucet is cast in copper, and the sound is dull when you knock on it. If the sound is brittle, it must be stainless steel, the quality will be a grade lower.
- Identification mark. If you really can’t tell the difference, you can choose a more regular brand. Usually regular products have the manufacturer’s brand logo, while some irregular products or some low-quality products often only have some paper labels or even no logo. Be careful when buying.
There is little difference in the internal structure of the faucet, except for the ceramic valve and rubber seal in the sealing method, but there is more difference in the appearance style. When buying, consider not only your personal preferences, but also how it fits into its surroundings. See the bottom is a menu-style handle, 90-degree switch, or spiral steady rise, more appropriate, and then decide to buy.
Second, according to the function of the choice of faucet
In the past, a single faucet could not meet all the requirements of people. At present, the faucets on the market can be divided into three categories: bathtub faucets, basin faucets, and kitchen faucets. In each category, according to the function, style, material, color and so on. Divided into many sub-categories. The different faucets have amazing differences in details.
- Bathtub faucet with double spout: this kind of faucet must have two spouts. The bottom fills the bathtub with water, and the other is used to connect the shower. After understanding, you should also note that the length of the spout of the faucet should be slightly longer than the width of the bathtub edge, so as to ensure that the water will not flow out when filling the bathtub.
- Basin faucet short spout. This type of faucet is used in conjunction with the bathroom basin to wash clothes and face. So, choose a faucet with a short spout that is both practical and coordinated, but leave plenty of room for washing. After locking in this type of faucet, the first thing to do is to see whether the basin’s faucet mounting holes are single or triple, and if they are triple, also measure whether the distance between the mounting holes is 4 inches (about 10 centimeters) or 8 inches (about 20 centimeters), in order to determine which faucet is suitable.
- The height of the kitchen faucet: For ease of use, the kitchen faucet should be taller and the spout should be longer, preferably extending above the drain and not splashing.