How to use and maintain it correctly after purchasing the favorite bathroom faucet is a headache for many users. In fact, as long as the installation, use, and maintenance are properly done, the actual service life of the faucet can be extended, and it can always stay as bright as new.
According to the use function, the faucet is divided into three types: bathtub faucet, basin faucet, and kitchen faucet, collectively called “three-piece set”:
- Triple bathtub faucet: This faucet has two water outlets, one is connected to the bathtub shower, and the other is connected to the faucet under the shower for your shower;
2. Double basin faucet: This faucet is used above the toilet basin, the outlet is shorter and lower, mainly for people to wash clothes and clean face;
3. Multifunctional kitchen faucet: If there is a hot water pipeline in your kitchen, this faucet should also be double. The water outlet of the kitchen faucet is higher and longer, and some have hose design for you to wash food.
From a structural point of view
1. Single-handle type: This type of faucet adopts the currently popular ceramic valve core as a seal, which has the advantages of flexible switching, easy temperature adjustment, and long service life;
2. Faucet with 90 degree switch: It is also sealed with a ceramic chip. On the basis of the traditional double handle, the original rubber seal is changed to a ceramic sheet seal. When opening and closing, the handle can be rotated by 90 degrees. It is adjusted on both sides of the water, which is characterized by easy opening and more styles;
3. Traditional spiral stable rubber-tight faucet: Because of its large water output, the price is relatively low, and the maintenance is simple, it is still welcomed by some citizens. In addition, some imported faucets also use stainless steel hollow ball seals and valve stem seals, and also have full temperature control, but the prices are relatively expensive.
Consumers should pay attention to the following 5 points:
1. Please have experienced and qualified professionals to install. During installation, the faucet should try not to bump with hard objects, and do not leave cement, glue, etc. on the surface, so as not to damage the surface coating gloss. If your faucet is used in a newly-built house, because the water supply network is newly paved, there will definitely be impurities such as sand particles in the water. Before installing, please pay attention to remove the debris in the pipeline.
2. When opening, do not use excessive force to cause man-made damage, just turn gently. Even traditional faucets do not need to be screwed hard with great effort.
3. The surface of the faucet should be wiped clean after usual use. Do not use the faucet handle as a handrail to support or use it.
4. Under the condition that the water pressure is not less than 0.02mpa, after using for a period of time, if the water output is reduced, or even the water heater is turned off, cut off the flow of cold and hot water, and use a wrench to gently unscrew the water nozzle at the outlet of the faucet. The screen cover, after cleaning the impurities and then installing it carefully, can generally be restored as before.
5. The metal hose of the shower head of the bathtub faucet should be kept in a natural stretch state, and do not coil it on the faucet when not in use. At the same time, when using or not using, pay attention not to form a dead angle at the joint of the hose and the valve body, so as not to break or damage the hose.