Toothbrushes should be replaced after 1-3 months of use, as bent bristles can damage your teeth and gums. Towels and slippers need to be replaced every six months, otherwise the bacteria that grow on them will attack your skin. But did you know that the bathroom products you use every day also have a “safe shelf life”! Relevant information shows that the life of the household toilet is 8 years, the shower life is 8 to 10 years, faucet life is 5 years. However, many households have the phenomenon of overdue “service” of sanitary products.
Good Toilets Should Be Replaced Even After 8 Years Of Use
A few days ago, the region reported that a fire broke out in a user’s toilet because it was over-aged. Fortunately, there was no one there at the time, otherwise the consequences were unthinkable. The toilet is a convenient product for bathing in our lives, but overage use is very dangerous.
A toilet that was used ten years ago is over-aged and the chances of a safety accident increase exponentially. Over-aged toilets are mostly “last generation toilets” that have been in use for more than 8 years. Overage use not only increases the chances of danger due to the aging of electronic components but the “previous generation toilets” are often limited by technical conditions, which often consume more water and pose certain safety risks. Over-age use can lead to the accumulation of a lot of dirt and bacteria, which can be harmful to skin health.
Toilet Maintenance Is Important
When using a toilet, it is important to do a good job of cleaning and maintenance on a regular basis. The purpose of this is to extend the life of the toilet on the one hand and to avoid invisible bacteria affecting health on the other.
- We should often clean the pipes and flush holes, filters. The best way to clean the pipes and flushing holes is to use a long-handled nylon brush and soapy water or neutral detergent. It is recommended that they are cleaned at least once a week. The filter should be cleaned at least once a month.
- The toilet bowl ring is full of bacteria and should be cleaned with emphasis. The toilet bowl ring is very easy to get bacteria, so after using the toilet should be cleaned in time. In addition, the toilet is easily stained with urine stains, feces and other dirt. If you find any residue left after flushing, make sure you use a toilet brush to remove it in time. Otherwise, yellow stains will be easily formed and will also breed mold and bacteria.
- The inner edge of the toilet spout and the outside of the base should also be cleaned. In addition to the pipe near the mouth, the inside edge of the toilet outlet and the outside of the base are places where dirt and grime are hidden. After a few minutes, scrub thoroughly with a toilet brush, preferably with a fine-tipped brush. This will better clean the inner edge of the toilet and deeper into the pipe opening. Then scrub the base and other crevices.
A Good Tap For 5 Years Has Been Reported As A Cost
“The taps in our house don’t leak either. I thought I could use it for life, why do I have to replace it?” For a citizen, Mr. Sun, he is the first time to hear that faucets also have a “shelf life”.
According to expert advice, for the drinking water faucet being used at home, no matter how good the brand, it is best to replace it once every 5 years. This is because the amount of lead released from copper taps and pipes that are generally used for more than 5 years will increase significantly. If consumed by people, it tends to affect the human nervous system. Lead poisoning is often followed by symptoms such as fatigue, depression, heart failure and high blood pressure. Therefore, it is best to change kitchen taps once every 5 years. For laundry and other non-drinking water taps, it is not a problem to use them for a longer period of time, but they should be replaced in 6-8 years.
Faucet Maintenance Is Very Important
After installing a good faucet, it is recommended to clean its surface every other month for stains, fingerprints, etc. Rinse the surface with water and wipe dry with a soft cloth. And the appearance of the brightness maintenance can be washed once a month with car wax. The surface is cleaned for aesthetic reasons. Internal cleaning is the most important factor that affects the service life. In addition, if the faucet appears to reduce the amount of water or water bifurcation, it means that the faucet is bubbler clogged. This is the time to remove the bubbler, soak it in vinegar, clean the debris with a small brush or other tool and reinstall it.
The Safe Life Expectancy Of A Shower Is 8 Years
According to industry sources, the safe life expectancy of a shower room is 8 years. Because of the toughened glass, the metal pulleys that hold the glass in place are susceptible to moisture and rusting, and the adhesive will age. In addition, most shower enclosures explode on their own for reasons related to long-term misuse.
Even A Good Shower Needs To Be Maintained
I. Maintenance of the pulley
- Avoid ramming the movable door of the shower room with force from below, so as not to cause the movable door to fall off.
- Pay attention to the regular cleaning of shower room slides, pulleys and sliders, and refilling them with lubricants (lubricating oil or lubricating wax).
- Adjust the adjustment screws of the slider regularly to ensure effective bearing and good sliding of the slider against the movable door of the shower room.
II. Maintenance of tempered glass
- Do not strike or hit the glass surface of the shower room with sharp objects to avoid breakage.
- Do not wipe the surface of the shower glass with corrosive liquids such as Tianna water to avoid damaging the surface gloss.
- Do not wipe the surface of the shower glass with rough materials to avoid scratches.
III. Maintenance of aluminum frames
Oxidation coloring products (gold, silver, sub-silver, brushed silver and other surface coloring products). These products are less prone to fading than electrostatically coated products, but the surface should not be wiped with rough materials, and the surface should not be carved with sharp objects. If stains appear on the aluminum surface of the shower room, wipe it with neutral detergent after dissolving the water.
The problem of over-age bathroom products is already the most serious issue of the day. Bathrooms are not clothes. It can be repaired if it breaks. Once a breakdown or over-age use occurs, there is a very big safety hazard. Light injuries can lead to the death of the user. So on the one hand, we must buy regular brand products, on the other hand, we must promptly eliminate the bathroom products used at home overage.
In Addition To Over-Age And Which Bathrooms Must Be Replaced?
Please Replace The Bathroom Without 3C Certification
3C certification is a “compulsory product certification system”. This is the state in order to protect the personal safety of consumers and national security, strengthen product quality management, in accordance with laws and regulations to implement a product assessment policy system, so no 3C certification are illegal products. Smart toilets are electrical bathroom products, and the state stipulates that smart toilets sold in China must be 3C certified. In addition, shower glass must also be 3C certified.
Counterfeit And Shoddy Products Must Be Replaced
Bathroom brands and product counterfeiting has existed for many years. Counterfeit and shoddy products are even more frightening than over-age bathroom products. In the past few years, most of the quality supervision and industrial and commercial sampling failures in many areas are counterfeit and frequently logged on the blacklist of quality supervision and industrial and commercial enforcement sampling. These products are commonly produced to save production costs, and deliberately cut corners and not in accordance with safety standards. Most of these products are extremely cheap, several times below the average market retail price. If you have such products at home, please replace them in time to avoid unnecessary losses to your home due to poor quality products, which is never a child’s play.
您好！Please sign in