A shower is a thing that makes people feel happy, such as dragging a tired body after a long day at work and taking a shower at home, you immediately feel refreshed, so the quality of the shower is the key to deciding whether you can be refreshed.
| The Actual Experience Of Poor Shower丨
It feels like someone is abusing you with a high-pressure water gun.
| The Experience Of A Good Shower丨
You don’t want to get out of the shower and shed your skin.
What kind of shower is a good one? How do I choose one?
The Type Of Shower
First of all, let me explain the various parts of a full set of showers. A full shower set includes a hand shower, overhead shower, shower mixer, lift rod and hose.
丨Handheld Shower |
In the past, there were more handheld showerheads on the market, and these were the first to appear. The majority of homes have used this kind of shower.
- The advantages: this kind of shower is relatively easy to install and can be installed successfully by yourself. We can hold it in our hands and change the direction of the water flow when we use it. It is relatively cheap to buy.
- Disadvantages: It is not easy to use because you need to hold it in your hand when bathing. The combination of the fixed base will be improved but because the nozzle water is often slanted downward out of the water, the experience is poor.
丨Top Spray Shower |
The actual top spray shower is a vertical sprinkler from the top of the head downward, divided into a wall-mounted top spray shower and a wall-mounted top spray shower.
✔ Wall-mounted top spray shower. The name means that the shower is hung on the wall and the entire body of the shower is exposed. They are available in round, square and oval shapes. However, it is important not to choose a shower head that is too small, otherwise, the entire body will not be showered and the experience will be greatly diminished.
✔ In-wall overhead showerheads have the body of the showerhead buried directly into the wall. Only the exposed nozzle and switch are visible to the naked eye, also known as concealed installation.
- Advantages: stable nozzle, freeing up your hands, vertical water discharge, controlled water flow range, good experience.
- Disadvantages: more expensive, and need to set aside the location of the pipes during the renovation. If you choose a poor-quality product, the subsequent installation and maintenance are more troublesome.
| The Actual Shower Lift Bar |
Nowadays, shower lift bars are now standard in shower sets from all brands. You can adjust the height of the handheld shower at will, depending on your height.
The Material Of The Shower
[The Material Of The Shower Head]
The material of the showerhead is copper and 304 stainless steel, and the material of the water outlet hole is generally silicone. Theoretically speaking, it is better to count on brass and stainless steel materials.
The surface of this copper shower is processed to enhance corrosion resistance and is not easy to accumulate limescale. This is strong and durable, can also resist bacterial breeding, but the price is relatively high.
- Full copper = only the main part of the mixer uses copper
- Overall copper = faucet + handle are copper
- Overall all copper = faucet, bracket, top spray, side spray all with copper!
2、304 Stainless Steel
In the bathroom and another more humid environment, stainless steel shower head nozzle appearance if not after electroplating treatment will affect the material itself. But the same plating, process disposal differences are very different. In the case of sufficient light, the surface of the stainless steel shower head nozzle should be bright as a mirror, without any oxidation spots, scorch marks.
3、Water Outlet Material
It is recommended to choose silicone material for the water outlet hole, which can remove the accumulated scale and other impurities with a gentle brush.
A good shower silicone is evenly distributed and the silicone is very soft. Most hard materials are not good silicone.
Water Outlet Pattern
There are five popular types of water outlets on the market: natural water, bubble water, massage water, spray water and waterfall water.
- Natural water: water that is sprayed naturally, without any treatment. The water is sprayed through the silicone holes of the shower and the water itself has a certain pressure to rinse the whole body. This is the most common way.
- Bubbling water: The internal waterway of the shower is equipped with air recesses. The high-speed flow of water drives the airflow to mix and form a column of water, turning the original spray into a drip of water. The bubbling water is full and softly rounded. As the bubbling water passes over the body, the small bubbles that remain burst, providing a cooling sensation. The bubbly water also saves water as it is filled with air.
- Massage water: The water flow is concentrated into the massage water hole, which has a rotor that can be rotated, driving the rotor to rotate at high speed inside the shower under the impact of the water flow, by cutting off some of the water generated by the flow with frequency. This water splash slaps on the body and acts like a massage, so it is called massage water.
- Spray water: Because of the specially designed spray holes in the panel, the water flows through and is sprayed out in a mist, which covers a large area. Being in the mist gives the showerer a different experience.
- Waterfall: The main principle behind the waterfall is that the water is emitted in strips from a thin hole. When you stand underneath it, it feels like a natural waterfall.
Black Technology Competition
Thermostatic showerheads have become particularly popular in recent years, what is the difference between them and ordinary showerheads? Which is better?
[Thermostatic PK Ordinary]
- Advantages of Thermostatic Showerheads
✔ Thermostatic effect is better: when the water temperature changes, the thermostatic faucet will generally automatically adjust the mixing ratio of hot and cold water immediately, so that the water temperature remains stable at the preset temperature. There is no sudden cold and hot phenomenon when using a thermostatic shower head for bathing.
✔ Thermostatic shower is more than safe: the thermostatic shower is generally equipped with a safety protection button to avoid unsafe factors. For example, in the event of a water stoppage, the thermostatic tap will automatically shut off within a short period of time and will not cause burns or another discomfort due to the high temperature.
✔Anti-scaling: For areas where water quality is poor, the taps are generally more susceptible to dirt. This is generally not the case with thermostatic taps. The spool surface of the faucet does not produce limescale and does not affect the performance of the showerhead even with long-term use.
- Advantages Of A Regular Shower
✔ The regular shower is more comfortable to bathe in: it mixes the air and the water comes out more quickly. The water is finer and softer and the flow of water can be pressurized, which provides a good massage and helps one to get rid of the fatigue of the day.
✔ Compared to other forms of the shower, a regular shower will be more energy and water-efficient.
Recommendation: A thermostatic shower is slightly more expensive than a normal shower, but the bathing experience is very good. A steady temperature is more comfortable when bathing. However, some water heaters come with a thermostat function, so installing a thermostatic showerhead would be superfluous. Solar water heaters are also sometimes too hot and can damage the temperature-sensitive elements, so they are not recommended.
Ordinary showerheads have a little more water pressure and are relatively more cost-effective. When shopping, you can choose according to your budget and your lifestyle needs.
[Air Injection PK]
Air injection is based on a simple physical effect, which in short means that air is injected into the water, turning it from a jet into a drip, reducing the flow rate in the same amount of time. This saves up to 30% of water and gives a gentler, fuller flow of water for the most comfortable showering experience. But it’s much more expensive than a normal shower, after all, it’s black technology!
Advice: If you want to try the black technology and have the budget, consider an air-infused showerhead. If you’re on a budget, I’d recommend a regular shower! This will vary from person to person.
How To Choose A Shower head
Showering is an everyday thing and the prices of showerheads on the market range from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. When it comes to buying, you have to keep your eyes peeled! Don’t be tempted to buy something without a warranty, or pay for a brand premium by following a big brand.
Imported valve core
Full copper faucet body
Three-layer plating process
24-hour salt spray test (Grade 9 standard)
Swivel adjustable water outlet mode
Full copper faucet
3-5 layer plating process
Salt spray test above grade 9
Liftable shower support
Extra-large overhead spray + multi-position side spray + height adjustable handheld
Multiple outlet modes
How To Maintain Your Shower
No matter how expensive the shower is, it is important to pay attention to the daily maintenance and cleaning of the shower in order to prolong the life of the shower as much as possible.
Tips 1: Maintenance of the shower
The first step in maintaining a showerhead is to find out if it is compatible with your own water heater before you buy it, for example, solar water heaters may reduce the life of a thermostatic showerhead. Common brands are generally available on the official website.
Secondly, some of the functional accessories inside the shower have a life expectancy. For example, the filter cartridge of a showerhead generally needs replacing once every few months, and the beauty fluid of a beauty showerhead needs replacing. A simple record can be made of such consumable accessories to remind yourself when it is time to replace them.
Tips 2: Shower head Cleaning
If you find that the water does not come out of the small spout on the showerhead, or that the water column is not straight but has a strange runout, this means that limescale is blocking the spout and needs to be cleaned!
Soak the showerhead in a diluted white vinegar / citric acid for 4-6 hours. Clean at least once every 6 months, as limescale that has been deposited for too long will not dissolve!